Friday, June 5, 2009

Scrabble Tiles

I'm seeing a big scrabble-tile trend in crafting.  Seems like those little wooden tiles are being used by everyone for everything!
I saw some on Etsy that were actually used as scrabble tiles for decor.  
I'm a big fan of Scrabble, and I fell in love with the idea of using the letters as decorative accessories.

Actually - when we got pregnant with Tessa I used a scrabble board and glued the letters on to spell out "We're having a baby" to announce it to my family.  It didn't end up working out...they knew before I actually brought the game board around...but that's another story.

Anyway, back to the crafting.
I saw some darling pieces on Etsy and, as is my M.O., I set out to plagerize the idea.
(often people tell me "you're so creative!" - not so much.)

This one is sitting on the bookshelves in my front room - LOVE IT.

This one was an end-of-the-year gift for Tessa's teacher.  I think it will be so cute sitting on her desk!  Hope she likes it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails