Friday, April 16, 2010

Candlesticks

Adorable Michelle at Someday Crafts is having a Categorically Crafting party today - and the theme is candlesticks!
Since I LOVE candles (and their sticks, of course) I had to join in.

First up - this hideous find.

The strange marble-looking portion of this candlestick is...well, I'm not sure what. Not marble, that's for sure.
Easy fix on this - black spray paint hides a multitude of sins.


Next up -
Here is a strange before picture. I had a day of crafting planned, so I threw every item I thought I might use on the counter and took a picture of them.  This was NOT being a good blogger. This was a bad idea. Unfortunately, it's the only "before" type picture I have.
So - notice the 3 arrows.

3 random pieces of junk. An ugly metal candlestick from the dollar store, a .50 piece of unfinished wood (mostly hidden in this picture) and a .75 jar from the thrift store.
Paint and glue and a candle later - here she is!
 


Last, is another creation from the objects in the "before photo"
New arrows this time.

Another .50 piece of unfinished wood from the craft store and a .75 weird wooden...bowl...type...thing.
Glued together and lightly brushed with creamy beige -

My favorite after.

For more candle projects from me, you can check out these posts,
Pottery Barn Cadlesticks and Useless (budget) Decor

For more candlestick projects that are NOT from me, check out the Someday Crafts Candlestick Party :)

4 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I just feel so honored!! How sweet of you!! And can I just say, oh my! Those are some beautiful after pictures!! I love all that you did, they are so what I need!! Thanks for linking up today you are AWESOME!!!

Michele said...

I just found your blog and I love it...I have to go have a look around at all your projects! I just added myself as a follower too if that's okay!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

The Denmark Family said...

I'll have to try these!!!!


now to award you with this
http://denmrkfam.blogspot.com/2010/05/guess-what.html

sanjeet said...

I love it.
PPC Advertising India

Related Posts with Thumbnails