Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Laundry Room In Process

Wow! Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions to yesterdays Design Dilemma post!
I got started on the laundry room today :)

I stopped into the Home Depot this morning on a whim. While I was there I decided I was going to board and batten the laundry room.  Woo! 
I also decided I wanted the wall color to be a blue green, and I picked out a color so I could get started today.
I kept it fairly light, because I didn't want to close the space in...
But that was WRONG.
As soon as I had it on the walls I knew it wasn't going to work. But I finished it, figuring it could act as a primer if nothing else.



I also decided that I want less blue, more green.
I've got hubby stopping by the Home Depot on his way home tonight to grab something more suitable.
Did you know you can look at Behr colors online?  How cool is that?!

I ripped the molding off one wall so I could install the board and batten.  THAT was a pain in the butt! I've installed the bottom piece on just one wall now.


I'm also painting the door white again - the "wood" is actually a faux technique I was trying out. For a moment, I thought about doing it to my front door - but now it makes me want to vomit. LOL


Anyway, the plan so far...
Paint
Board and Batten

I also picked up some accessories at the thrift store that I'm excited to make pretty :)



2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Are you and I twins separated at birth?

First benches, now board and batten. We BOTH have great taste. Cannot wait to see it. We love love love ours. Now, I just have to paint it. =)

Donna said...

I can't wait to see how your laundry comes out. I love the look of board and batten! I already envy your lovely washing/drying machines!

Related Posts with Thumbnails