Monday, October 19, 2009

Tools of the Trade

I love my projects and I love my tools.
So I wanted to give them a nice home.

I found this at a garage sale for $5


I cleaned it up with 409 and a wire brush, then took the door off, the drawers out and removed the hardware.
I painted the body, which was rusted in many places, with grey rustoleum spray paint. The door and drawers got a couple coats of Sea Mist (seafoam?) green rustoleum.  The hardware got a fresh layer of silver spray paint.
And now she's GORGEOUS!


And all mine :)
I love that she is 2 pieces! So handy!







I have lots more tools to put in - just haven't had a chance to put them all in yet.
Bonus - she fits in the little end gap under the counter in my new laundry room!


Speaking of tool boxes...
I found this at a thrift store for $3
(another example of some woman going nuts with the craft paint and stencils!)


Sanded it down and painted it a dark reddish orange.
It was awful.
So I went back to grey!
Later, I stenciled on "Tools" with Heirloom White.  So cute!



This one's not being used for tools - I'm keeping my most current sewing project inside, instead. Right now it's full of tutu materials :)

13 comments:

Sarah said...

i. am. SO. jealous :) not only do i want one of those for my tools, but i want a FANCY one in fun colors like yours! awesome job.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Both are cute. Way to make something a little oogly look amazing. I like the grey and sea foam. =)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love your little tool box - you did a great job on both!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

That is awesome! No DIY post for me this week. Been too sick! But man would I love my tools in something like that!

cindy@cottage instincts said...

Dandy makeover, girl! I totally love the colors of the tool cabinet.

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Oh how cute!! That so makes me want to paint mine... I would have never thought to do it:) Way to go!!
~Whitney

Valencia said...

That is just too cute!!

Michelle said...

Wow, I love it, what a difference a little paint makes! Stop by for a visit soon.
Michelle

Gina Sisco said...

You seriously scored on that toolbox!! Jealous.

Sherri S said...

I think I saw that same little stenciled box this past week. Almost bought it. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. LOL It's totally cute painted! Just didn't know where I would 'put' it.

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Your blog is simply amazing! I found your link through A Soft Place to Land last week and have been addicted to your site ever since. Hard to believe that so many different and absolutely wonderful blogs link up in one place every week.

I have so much to learn. :)

-Francesca

Raquel, The Glamorous Life said...

how cute! i love this, my hubby better hide his tool box!!!

Kristy said...

Oh, I NEED to find something like that! I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for something like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails