However, since I used Gorilla Glue and since Ashley and Whitney (at Shanty2Chic) are having a Gorilla Glue party, I thought I'd go ahead and mention it.
The awesome prize they are offering up might have enticed me to enter ;)
Anyway - underneath my bathroom sink is a nightmare.
My sister is a hairstylist. She gets to buy all the fun, professional products she wants at a hefty discount, because of her cosmetology license.
I am a bit of a product junky.
I love hair stuff, nail polish, lotions, creams, bubble baths...
My collection was out of control, and spilling into my husbands cabinet, too.
I have FOUR different liter-sized Bed Head Duo's. They are all different formulations...moisturizing, straightening, curling, clarifying...
I love me some Bed Head.
The other night I was in the shower and I asked my husband to grab me a different shampoo from under the sink. It took him 10 minutes to find what I wanted, and some things may have been thrown around by him. He may have said some naughty words.
Yesterday, I decided I really needed to purge. Surely there must be a few things that I didn't need down there, right?
Not so much.
I think I threw away 3 empty packages and...that's it.
So I decided that a shelf was in order!
You don't get a true "before" photo - you couldn't have PAID me to take a picture of that mess.
Trust me, it was bad.
Much of my product is NOT in the picture. It was behind me, on top of the counter, in the other room...lots of places.
Because I didn't want to mess around with cutting around all the plumbing, I decided to place my shelf on the side of the cabinet rather than across the back.
I cut a piece of spare wood to size to use as my shelf, and a couple of 1/4 scraps to use as supports. I also cut one to use as a leg in the front.
I used Gorilla Glue Super Glue to set the leg to the shelf while I nailed the supports to the cabinet walls. Then I used more gorilla glue super glue to affix the shelf to the supports on the wall and the leg to the cabinet floor (so it wouldn't move around!)
After the glue had dried I used a couple of nails to make sure the shelf was secured to the supports and the leg was secured to the shelf.
It was super easy to hammer everything in since the glue was already set!
And now...my cabinet is gorgeous!